Acting as an Animal Healer, in a professional capacity, requires learning a great deal more than simply how to practice your healing method. It requires you to be able to communicate with others (especially animals), defining as well as maintaining professional boundaries, establishing a working area for yourself whether it is at your place of work or at the home of the animal you are treating. You have to learn and understand the legalities, especially The Animal Welfare Act 2006; The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974; The Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 and The Welfare of Farmed Animals (England) Regulations 2007 as well as many others.
A Lateral Flow Test and Pre-Workshop Covid Consent Form will be required and submitted before coming to the workshop.
This is a one day, IN PERSON ONLY, worshop at Francis Farm, Suffolk. The requirements to attend the workshop are:-
Shoden and Okuden levels in Jikiden Reiki
or Reiki I and Reiki II in Western Reiki
Reiki insurance MUST BE OBTAINED PRIOR TO the course.
Insurance will have to be extended to include Reiki for Animals after completion of this course if you wish to charge for treatments.
You will have all the skills needed, in your respective methods of REIKI, to be able to train for Animal Reiki at this foundation level.
Topics covered onthe day will be:-
- Introduction and an overall view of the day.
2. Finding out how much animal healing you have already done (if any) and why you wish to do this course.
3. Understanding animals (body language, basic animal anatomy) and their chakras.
4. The basics of Reiki for Animals and the difference between animal and human Reiki.
5. The process from receiving a call to give Reiki to an Animal through to the actual treatment (forms, vet, permissions, what you need for practical work, paperwork, distance Reiki, written records.) Client Confidentiality. GDPR and ICO.
6. Reiki being used to help animals in different circumstances and situations..
7. Knowing about the essential legal, veterinary and welfare information (notifiable diseases, red flag symptoms for animals).
8. Explaining about the UK Reiki Federation Animal Practitioner Qualification.
9. Understanding about the different species and their anatomy with exercises.
10. Code of Conduct. Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966. RCVS Code of Practice.
There will be refreshment breaks and an hour’s lunch break (bring your own lunch). Bring Notepads and writing materials. A Feedback Form will be handed out in the last break and please complete and return it before you leave, thank you.
A Manual and Certificate of Attendance will be provided on the day.
I will have copies to buy of this Recommended Reading Understanding Animals – A working guide for Reiki Practitioners. A Reiki Council Publication.
There is a £60 non-refundable Deposit for this Workshop.