Acting as an Animal Healer, in a professional capacity, requires learning a great deal more than simply how to practice your healing method. It requires you to be able to communicate with others (especially animals), defining as well as maintaining professional boundaries, establishing a working area for yourself whether it is at your place of work or at the home of the animal you are treating. You have to learn and understand the legalities, especially The Animal Welfare Act 2006; The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974; The Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 and The Welfare of Farmed Animals (England) Regulations 2007 as well as many others.
A Lateral Flow Test and Pre-Workshop Covid Consent Form will be required and submitted before coming to the workshop.
This is an IN PERSON one day workshop held at Francis Farm, Suffolk and requires you to have (before you apply) :-
Completed the Animal Reiki Foundation Course.
Dedicated Practical Practice and a number of Animal Reiki Session written notes brought with you before this workshop. A minimum of 30 Animal Reiki sessions which demonstrate your competency in treating and understanding animals.
Shoden and Okuden levels in Jikiden Reiki.
or Reiki I and Reiki II in Western Reiki.
SIX MONTHS OF PRACTICAL REIKI BEFORE THIS WORKSHOP.
Reiki insurance MUST BE OBTAINED PRIOR to the WORKSHOP.
Insurance will have to be extended to include Reiki for Animals after completion of this course if you wish to charge for treatments.
The Workshop includes:-
- Introduction and an overall view of the day.
2. Talking about animals and their owners or carers.
3. Understanding Animal Training for Reiki Practitioners.
4. The basics of Reiki for Animals and the difference between animal and human Reiki.
5. The process from receiving a call to give Reiki to an Animal through to the actual treatment (forms, vet, permissions, what you need for practical work, paperwork, distance Reiki, written records.) Client Confidentiality.
6. Assessment of Animal Reiki treatment session notes before receiving a Certificate. This training requires personal dedicated practice. A minimum of 30 Animal Reiki sessions which demonstrate your competency in treating and understanding animals must be submitted and assessed before you will be awarded with a Practitioner Certificate.
7. Ongoing mentoring support.
There will be refreshment breaks and an hour’s lunch break (bring your own lunch).
Bring the Foundation Manual, notepads and writing materials with you to the Workshop.
I will have copies to buy of this Recommended Reading Understanding Animals – A working guide for Reiki Practitioners. A Reiki Council Publication.
There is a £60 non-refundable Deposit for this Workshop.